What if crops get lost due to FAW
Figures show that damage caused by FAW can be 26% to 50% of the total yield (source: CABI report “Impacts and implications” October 2018). In the worst case 100% of the crop is lost. If 50% of total inputs is lost due to FAW the damage amounts from $473,= for commercial farmers to $165,= for smallholder farms, per hectare of maize. Total loss will show figures from over $900,= to $375,=
The cost of Rebearth per growing season, for 3 sprayings, can be subsidised. If your country / government applies for subsidy from Rebearth foundation.
- Spray chemicals, [expensive]
- Mechanical removal of eggs and caterpillars, [lots of extra labour]
- Controlling fields a few times per week, [lots of extra labour]
- Use bio pest control, [expensive]
- Spray Rebearth 3 times per growing season
- Extra yield and longer harvesting period
Governments can request financial support from Rebearth foundation.
Pricing in US$